If you’re considering a 3D Ultrasound, the following information is helpful to know before scheduling your appointment.
- This ultrasound is an elective procedure that you are voluntarily requesting and is not intended to replace a diagnostic ultrasound or any other test or treatment that has been or may be recommended by our providers.
- Because of its elective nature, this ultrasound is generally not covered by insurance. Therefore, advance payment is required.
- You understand that the quality of the ultrasound and the DVD, or other media, depends upon many factors, including body tissue content, developmental stage, and fetal position. You understand that Seasons does not guarantee the quality of the DVD, other media, or the ability to visualize any characteristics of the fetus.
- You understand that publication, presentation, or distribution of any video taken during the ultrasound session, not provided by your Seasons Sonographer is strictly prohibited.
- You understand that while we try to capture a good image of your baby, we cannot guarantee the baby’s cooperation or position. Sometimes if the baby’s position is face down, i.e., towards your spine, it may be difficult to see the baby’s face. In this case, a one-time complimentary rescan will be scheduled. Every baby scans differently, depending on the gestational age, position, amount of fluid, placental location, and mother’s body habitus. However, we promise to make every effort to obtain the best images. If we cannot get a good image of your baby, you understand that payment for the service provided is still due, and a refund will not be issued.
Preparing for your 3D Ultrasound:
To ensure the clearest ultrasound images, please consider the following tips:
Increase your water intake a few days before your 3D Ultrasound, 6-8 bottles a day starting 7 days before your scheduled scan. This does not mean you need to arrive with a full bladder. Hydration preparation starts a few days before your ultrasound appointment.
Try to have a snack about an hour before your ultrasound appointment. This can help increase the babies activity and help us get better images.To schedule your 3D Ultrasound, please call 423-844-1399 and we will be happy to assist you.